About waggoner cruising guide flotillas
For years, we have successfully led flotillas covering majestic Desolation Sound, the enchanting Broughton Archipelago, and the inspiring Inside Passage to SE Alaska. Our experienced flotilla leaders help educate participants along the way on topics as diverse as selecting weather windows, timing passage through the tidal rapids, anchoring, managing a stern tie for your boat and route planning.
Flotilla cruising is also about making new friends and sharing the experience with a small group of like-minded cruisers. It’s wine tasting in Ganges, soaking in hot springs, and enjoying happy hour on the dock.
Entertaining educational Eventful
Cruise of a lifetime
Anacortes, WA to Anacortes, WA
(with a turn around at Gorge Harbour, BC)
2019 Flotilla to SE Alaska
The Inside Passage to Alaska
(Anacortes, WA to Ketchikan, AK)
May 20th to June 8
What To Expect
The experience begins long before departure. We start with telephone briefings soon after you sign up and send mechanical checklists to make sure your boat is ready. Then, we present a 2 to 3-day seminar that takes you through the entire experience, including places to visit after the flotilla portion of the trip concludes. As the cruising guide and tide and current guide experts, we provide a complete library of books and briefing maps for the trip.
What else is included in the experience?
- We coordinate all moorage and plan special events.
- We closely monitor the weather.
- We provide daily briefings, in person and in writing, with information on the planned route, weather forecasts, relevant tide and current information, and notable local history.
- We monitor a preselected VHF channel 24/7, and quickly respond to questions or issues participants have.
- And using our connections along the coast, we can help arrange for expedited repairs or shipments of spare parts if needed.
What’s not included?
- Meals out, and gratuities are not included and are paid by each individual vessel.