The Taste of Summer, A Boater’s Foodie Guide
Boaters are the ultimate Foodies.
Whether it is barbecuing on the dock or enjoying a meal at a restaurant, we enjoy food. So much so, that our theme for the 2020 Waggoner Cruising Guide is a delicious guide to FOOD.
In honor, of the 2020 Theme, we are having a Waggoner Cruising Guide Recipe Contest – The Taste of Summer, A Boater’s Foodie Guide.
So hone your culinary skills, create and share a recipe that is distinctly yours.
Share your favorite “Original” dish(es) with Waggoner Fans.
Deadline for entries is October 5, 2019.
What do we mean by “Original?” To avoid violating Copyright Laws – lists of ingredients and general method of cooking are not subject to copyright. However, instructions, photos, cookbooks, sometimes the history and the finished dish are subject to Copyright Laws. So make your recipe “Original,” add your own voice to it, spin it with your personality, Please read in regards to recipes and how to protect yourself and not violate Copyright Laws.
- Recipe(s) – in Microsoft Word or PDF format
- Photo(s) up to 7 images. Take a good picture, in fact, take several good pictures from different angles. Give the readers a taste and visual appeal in the photos. Create ambiance and context by adding cutlery and linens. Photograph ingredients, before, during, after photos.
- Boat Photo(s) up to 3. Tell us a little about your boat and maybe some of its favorite destinations.
- Bio – 3-5 paragraphs. Tell is a little about yourself.
The top 10 recipes will be selected to create the The Taste of Summer, A Boater’s Foodie Guide cookbook, which will be sold in our retail store, on our website, and at the Seattle Boat Show.
The top 10 recipes will be in the The Taste of Summer, A Boater’s Foodie Guide cookbook and receive a free 2020 Waggoner Cruising Guide.
Grand Prize: $150.00, top billing in the cookbook and receive 7 free copies of the cookbook. Recipe will be on our website, in the Waggoner enews, and in the 2020 Waggoner Cruising Guide. Also, winner will be invited to do a book signing at the Seattle Boat Show the first weekend, date to be determined.
1st Place: $75.00. Recipe will be in the cookbook. Winner will receive 5 free copies, and the recipe will be on our website, in the Waggoner enews, and in the 2020 Waggoner Cruising Guide.
2nd Place: $25.00. Recipe will be in the cookbook. Author will 5 free copies and recipe will be on our website and in the Waggoner enews.
All others (honorable mentions): Recipes will be in the cookbook and the authors will receive 3 free copies.
- Who is Eligible? This Contest is open to U.S. and Canadian boaters/residents.
- How to Enter: Contest begins on August 16, 2019. Deadline for entries is October 5, 2019. Email submissions to waggonercruisingguide@gmail. Must include: name and contact information.
- Do not Violate Copyright Laws: All recipes must be “Original” works and not previously published, nor infringe upon Copyright Laws.
- By submitting recipes, you grant Burrows Bay Associates, LLC, publisher of the Waggoner Cruising Guide and affiliates, unrestricted use and the right to publish submitted recipes in print or electronically. Burrows Bay Associates, LLC, reserves the right to edit or modify if deemed necessary. Full credit will be given to the author.
- Selection/Notification: Winners will be selected and notified by October 15, 2019. Winners may be required to sign a Statement of Release. Acceptance by winner grants permission to Burrows Bay Associates, LLC and its agencies to include the winner’s name in publications and in advertising without further compensation. This authorization is worldwide.
- Conditions: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Burrows Bay Associates, LLC reserves the right to terminate or change the Contest. In the event of insufficient number of entries, Burrows Bay Associates, LLC reserves the right cancel the Contest. Entrants agree to indemnify Burrows Bay Associates, LLC, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities associated with this Contest. As permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek relief, or any other recourse in case of disputes or claims resulting from this Contest are hereby excluded. Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights. In the event of court, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Skagit County in the State of Washington, U.S.A. And agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.