2018 Waggoner Table
The annual companion book for the Canadian Hydrographic’s Current Atlas makes it easy to use – just look up the month, day and the hour, and you will be given the appropriate page in the Atlas. The Tables list every hour of every day and are corrected for Daylight Savings Time. Waggoner Tables and Canadian Hydrographic’s Current Atlas (can be purchased here) help you to understand the details of the currents around the San Juan and Gulf Islands and up the Strait of Georgia as far as Campbell River. With these two books you can judge what the currents will be for your cruise and adjust accordingly.
The Waggoner covers the cruising waters from Olympia, Washington, in south Puget Sound, to Prince Rupert, B.C., and the route from Prince Rupert to Ketchikan, Southeast Alaska. This routing includes information on clearing customs, crossing Dixon Entrance and approaching Ketchikan and its marinas.
Some popular cruising areas covered:
- Puget Sound (includes Hood Canal)
- San Juan Islands
- Canadian Gulf Islands (includes Victoria)
- Vancouver and Howe Sound
- Princess Louisa Inlet
- Desolation Sound
- Johnstone Strait and adjacent waterways
- Queen Charlotte Strait and adjacent waterways
- West Coast of Vancouver Island (Completely Updated for 2013)
- Central and Northern B.C. Coast (Wells Passage to Prince Rupert)
- Haida Gwaii
- Crossing Dixon Entrance and approaching Ketchikan, AK