Opening Day of Boating will soon be here! I don’t know about you, but those beautiful days of sunshine we had last week have got us really excited about getting out on the water.
At our home port in Anacortes, Washington, the Opening Day of Boating Celebration takes place on May 5, 2018, at Cap Sante Marina. Festivities start at 11 a.m. and include words of welcome, a burgee presentation, a ribbon cutting for the new party barge, a boat parade, chowder at Anthony’s Cabana, and more.
Rain makes everything green, but this first Saturday in May signals the start of bluer skies, fairer seas and reminds us all to get ready to be out on the water!
~ Dan Worra, Executive Director of the Port of Anacortes
We hope to see you there, but if you have a different homeport, check out this list of Opening Day celebrations.
Opening Day celebrations in Washington State:
- May 5 – Seattle Yacht Club’s Opening Day
- May 6 – San Juan Island Yacht Club Opening Day
- May 5 – Port Townsend Yacht Club Opening Day
- May 12 – Kingston Opening Day
- May 5 – Bellingham Yacht Club Opening Day
- May 12 – South Sound Opening Day
- May 5 – Port of Everett Marina