Category: Boating Tips

Washington State Aquatic Invasive Species Permit for Out-of-State Boaters

Who Needs the AIS Prevention Permit?
Operators of recreational vessels not registered in Washington, seaplane operators, and commercial transporters of watercraft are required to purchase an AIS Prevention Permit. Operators should carry the permit on the vessel at all times. Permits can be obtained online or at any Fish and Wildlife license dealer. Online purchased permits are mailed, and you can print a temporary permit which is good for 10 days. Permits are valid for one year from date of activation.

Read More

Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) – What’s New and What’s Unchanged?

Washington State AIS Prevention Permits or State Registration stickers are now required for watercraft and floatplanes operating on Washington waters. Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife is implementing new 2018 AIS Prevention Permits. Fees from vessel registrations and registration stickers are not new. In preparing our Waggoner eNews article about the new permit, we discovered some implementation questions and concerns, and we asked WDFW to address them. We are happy to report that Allen Pleus, WDFW AIS Prevention Permit Administrator, has been helpful in responding to questions and concerns.

Read More

Shop our store

Get our #1 cruising guide, maps, charts, tide guides, and much more for cruising the Pacific Northwest. It's all online at the Waggoner Store.

Shop the Waggoner store

Zoom with Waggoner

It's the weekly Seattle Boat Show — LIVE!

Join us every Thursday at 7 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Zoom for this educational boating series! Register now for the next show or watch past shows. It's free to join in. Bring a drink and learn more!

Seattle Boat Show - LIVE

Woodstone Manor