I love it when a product like Bunk Sox comes along that makes me say “why didn’t I think of that?” My boat has a v-berth, and I have never found a way to keep the sheets straight. Traditional fitted sheets don’t work and flat sheets tucked in become loose and wrinkled, and they usually bunch up on one side of the bed. The result–you end up sleeping directly on the mattress.
In trying to resolve the problem, I ordered expensive custom-made fitted sheets that cinched up with a drawstring on the side, but it didn’t work well. Then I was introduced to the Bunk Sox; it is like a tube sock for your boat mattress.
What’s great about Bunk Sox? It slips on easily and is made of a machine-washable, cotton/poly knit blend fabric, almost like a jersey that breathes and doesn’t get clammy in damp weather. The cotton keeps cool in the summer and the poly knit keeps warm in the winter.
- Fits as the bottom sheet for odd-sized and triangular boat mattresses.
- Comfortable jersey material stretches around the mattress, so it does not come undone.
- Comes in three sizes for $49.95 – Order here
Bunk Sox Sizes
Bunk Sox is available in three convenient sizes:
- Narrow Bunk (24″-30″ with length to 80″)
- Twin/Single (30″-40″ with length to 80″)
- Full/double (40″-50″ with length to 80″)
- Works for a v-berth wide foot, quarter berth round or ended berth.
It is currently only available in gray, but I hear that navy is in the works. At $49.95 USD each, Bunk Sox is priced reasonably and available at the Waggoner eStore. It is also in the process of being rolled out to select chandleries in the US and Canada.
Remember, Coco Chanel, got her start in jersey because she felt that women could live in it, breathe in it and feel comfortable. Can’t argue with that.
Want to know what else Missy recommends for boaters? Click HERE.