WaggonerGuide.com welcomes writer pitches. Please read the information below first.
WaggonerGuide.com is an online resource for the Pacific Northwest boating community.
We need original writing, photography, and/or video that captures your cruising adventures.
Familiarize yourself with our site and article categories before submitting.
Word length for articles is between 400 and 1000 words. We will consider longer articles if the subject warrants it. Every article must be geared toward SEO and include at least three photos. We prefer your own photos, but they must be high quality. If you don’t have your own high-quality photos, we will accept press photos you source from the public relations office/visitors bureau/press office. We do not take any photos that have been downloaded from other sites or social media sites.
All articles include an author byline, short bio, website link, and social media links. Expenses such as phone calls, mileage, meals, and trips are not reimbursed.
We claim Exclusive North American Rights for a period of 30 days, after that, rights revert back to the author. WaggonerGuide.com retains the right to reprint articles and to use the article and photos to promote the article on the website and social media channels.
Reprints are considered.
How To Pitch
- DO NOT SEND COMPLETE MANUSCRIPTS OR INCLUDE ANY ATTACHMENTS WITH YOUR PITCH
- Pitch should include:
- Proposed first paragraph
- Paragraph outlining the article idea and noting keywords
- Whether you have already made the trip (if, so, indicate if it was a sponsored trip or press trip) or dates you plan to travel
- Why you are the right person to write this article
- Types of photos available
- Links to published clips
- If it is a reprint
- Write PITCH and your LAST NAME in the subject line of your email.
- Send your pitch to lara [at] waggonerguide [dot] com.
- If you haven’t heard back in 30 days, feel free to email again.
Please note, we will not respond to emails that do not follow our pitching guidelines or show an understanding of our audience.