Littlewood’s Cruise to Barkley – July 2012

General Our boat, Osprey, is a 38′ LOA Sabreline power cruiser equipped for long duration remote cruising. We carry 2 Advanced Elements kayaks, a hard dinghy (looks like a RIB but it’s all fiberglass) on a Seawise davit system, a Honda EU2000i portable generator, 250’ of chain rode with a large Rocna anchor, 2 independent…

Details

Mill Bay Marina – Recently Remodeled

Hello, We wanted to take a minute to let you know that the Mill Bay Marina has been rebuilt and is now open for business. We have been having a great opening season, though our services are not all completed, yet we do offer safe moorage, electricity, water, gas and diesel. We are located in…

Details

Teakerne, Tracey & fishy business at James Point

We dingied to Cassel Falls (Teakerne Arm) from our anchorage in the Copeland Islands on July 26, 2012. Wish I had read updates first! Dingy dock is still up on rocks, but sort of useable. Also visited Tracey Harbour to look for anchorage on July 17, and found that a logging operation has taken it…

Details

Oleo’s – Great Time, Great Fishing

I want to report that we stopped at Oleo’s this summer and had a wonderful time. Paul and Melia Montoya are really trying hard to make Oleo’s work. They have built a fantastic new large cedar deck where they now serve dinner under a new gazebo. They have built new boat tie down rails on…

Details

Ladysmith M.S. inspires compliments

During July my wife and I stopped in for several days at the Ladysmith Maritime Society docks.

They have their new office/shower/laundry/head facility in and it is nothing less than great! The staff was always attentive & helpful.

The whole experience at this marina and in Ladysmith were wonderful.

John Worl

Share this:

Schafer’s Blog 12: I Don’t Wanna Go Home!

Thursday, June 7p.m. When the tide turned at about 2:00 we crossed the Rosario Strait with no real trouble. It wasn’t nearly as bad as the Haro Strait had been the day before which shows the effect of having the wind against the tide versus a slack current. Even though the winds were higher, the…

Details

Schafer’s Blog 11: Weather, What Weather?

Thursday, June 7a.m. Thursday was forecast as another small craft advisory, but this time we needed to go anyway. We had to have Hele Mai back in Bellingham by noon on Friday, which meant we had to find an overnight anchorage within a couple of hours cruise of there – less if we didn’t want…

Details

Schafer’s Blog 10: Hopefully Nobody Was Looking

Wednesday, June 6p.m. In the San Juans, the ebb tide generally flows north to south, so it had been helping us down Haro Strait all morning even if it caused some fairly sharp waves. Now we rode the flood tide north to our destination for the evening, Deer Harbor (“9” on the chart). Our path…

Details