Landon’s Cruising Report – Off the Beaten Path
Our Nephew John, who flew to Campbell River, joined us aboard Got d’ Fever for our continued cruise southward along the Strait of Georgia. Our first stop was at Comox, where we tied up at the Harbour Authority docks and then walked to Filberg Park. Located on the east side of town, Filberg Park includes the historic home of Robert and Florence Filberg built between 1930 and 1932. Robert Filberg began his career in the Comox Logging & Railway Company and rose to the position of president of Comox Logging and also Canadian Western. On his 9-acre property, Mr. Filberg planted trees obtained from all over the world, which have now reached majestic heights…read more of their adventures HERE.