It’s a new year and more importantly a new boating season! At the Day of Safety at Elliot Bay Marina on April 29th, 2017 they have everything you need to ensure that your boat is ready to go when the sun shines.
The Day of Safety will feature:
- Coast Guard Safety Checks
- Cintas Fire Extinguisher Certification
- Various safety kits available for purchase on-site
- NEW! Two seminars from the Waggoner Cruising Guide
- NEW! Gear demonstration from Washington State Parks
This year, the Waggoner Cruising Guide decided to join the fun and give two seminars:
- Safe Cruising Tips and the Best Places to Go! at 10 a.m. FREE
- Understanding the Weather in the Pacific Northwest from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. $39 (Click here to find out more and register for the class.)
Washington State Parks is also joining the safety event. They will provide information about Washington State Boater Education Cards, safe boating, and give a live on-water demonstration of all the newest PFDs on the market.
Day of Safety at Elliot Bay Marina
Day of Safety Schedule
9 a.m. – Coast Guard Safety Checks will begin.
10 a.m. – FREE Seminar! Safe Cruising Tips and the Best Places to Go – from the Waggoner Cruising Guide – 45 minutes. Presented by Mark Bunzel, Editor, and Publisher of the Waggoner Cruising Guide.
11:30 a.m. – Gear Demonstration! Our friends from WA State Parks will be here to show the latest and greatest in life-saving equipment. Have those fancy suspender life preservers? This is an opportunity to see them at work so that you can be prepared in case of an emergency!
1 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Understanding the Weather in the Pacific NW…and how to stay out of trouble. Presented by Mark Bunzel, Editor, and Publisher of the Waggoner Cruising Guide $39 per person.
2 p.m. – Last scheduled Safety Checks will start.
Elliot Bay Marina will be posting additional happenings on that day on their website.