Creative Solutions to a Bad Day at Sea
with Art Herbert
January 14, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. $45
Going on any passage can be the most satisfying and wonderful experience you may have on your boat, but every now and then bad things happen. Every cruiser faces some level of the “what if” that’s in the back of your head as you embark on a voyage. This course is designed to help you understand what things typically can happen and how to deal with them in a safe, and often critical timeline. We teamed up with many experts who combine decades of knowledge and experience into this course. Topics will include:
- Proven Techniques for temporary solutions to many common failures onboard cruising vessels.
- Knowing, understanding & maintaining critical systems for the safety and comfort of the captain and crew.
- Pre-departure checklists of what to check, inspect, and stock to support efforts when emergencies happen while passage making.
- Decision-making strategies every cruiser should know when facing an emergency.
- Practical tips for temporary repairs of key systems.
We’ll end this session with a checklist of proven solutions and instructions you will want on your boat that will help you be prepared if an emergency should arise during your cruise.
All seminars are held at the NW Center of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & Technology in Anacortes.
Address: 1606 R Ave. Anacortes, WA 98221
Take the R Avenue exit off of Highway 20. Proceed North for about 1 mile. The MTC will be on your right, noted by the stainless steel sculpture of two joggers (across from The Market grocery store). Make the next right on Seafarers Way, then the next right into the parking lot for the MTC. There are restaurants and motels nearby.